Find a Local Veterinarian
Check our Links page to search for a local veterinarian.
You can search for a Vet by city, alphabetically by name or animal emergency hospitals that are open 24 hours a day.
We also have links to local wildlife rehabilitation groups and rescue groups.
Book Vacation Sits Now!
We are booking pet sits for summer vacations now.
Call us today to book your dates or to set up a consultation if you are a new client.
New Client Discount:
$10 off your first service with 4 or more paid visits.
Receive credit for a free pet sit or dog walk for every referral that purchases
Legal Considerations Agreement
For the purposes of this document, the terms Client, Owner, Pet Owner,
and Customer are synonymous with the person contracting services for one or
more domestic animals.
- A signed Service Request must be provided to your sitter before
service is provided for any period.
- Deposit in full is due at time of reservation. Reservations are not held until Guardian Pet Care
& Massage receives payment in full or both parties, in writing, agree on
special arrangements. Reservations with not yet cleared PayPal payments
will be honored.
- There will be a $30 service charge for each returned check.
- Unpaid service may be cancelled without notice, including prior to or during the service period.
- Cancellation Policy effective 8/17/2010 ( % applies to entire service period total charges ):
Holidays involved in this policy are New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day,
Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- 4 days or more prior to service start: No charge ( 100% refund or credit toward future service )
- 2 - 3 days prior to service start: 40% of service total is charged (
60% refund or credit toward future service )
- 0 - 48 hours prior to service start: 60% of service total is charged (
40% refund or credit toward future service )
- Holidays: 100% of service total is charged ( no refunds )
- Reservations are made to plan sitter availability to you and other Clients. Therefore,
returning home early will be required to pay for the reserved amount of time scheduled excluding travel time. Clients will not have to pay for
scheduled Special Services not performed.
- Guardian Pet Care & Massage is not responsible for wilted, dead or otherwise unhealthy plants.
Guardian Pet Care & Massage will work hard to follow your written directions
as precisely as possible, but cannot be responsible if the results are not
favorable. Please place all indoor plants together on a waterproof
surface in plain sight, as your pet sitter is not responsible for water
damaged areas or missed plants.
- Guardian Pet Care & Massage is not responsible for damage to the home beyond the control of the pet
sitter. This includes, but is not limited to leaks, electrical
problems, and acts of nature. In these situations, the company will
attempt to contact the Customer and then the emergency contact before making
a subjective decision on dealing with the problem. All repairs and
related fees ( including sitter's Special Service emergency service time and
coordination fees ) will be paid by the Client, or fully reimbursed to
Guardian Pet Care & Massage within 14 days.
- Guardian Pet Care & Massage is not responsible for any damage to the property of the
Client or others
unless such damage is caused by the negligent act of the pet sitter.
Guardian Pet Care & Massage agrees to remain fully insured through Pet
Sitters Associates, LLC ( PSA ) or a
comparable entity, including optional Special Property Endorsement ( protects
against theft, breakage, etc as caused by an employee ) and bonding.
Guardian Pet Care & Massage accepts no responsibility for security of the
premises or loss if other individuals have access to a Client’s home, or if
the home is not properly secured by other persons.
- All other individuals that visit the home will leave a log of their visit.
- Guardian Pet Care & Massage is not liable for any loss or damages in the event a burglary or other crime
should occur while under this contract. Pet Owner agrees to secure their
home prior to leaving the premises. Guardian Pet Care & Massage will
re-secure the home to the best of its ability at the end of each visit.
While keys are in the possession of a pet sitter, they will be either on the
sitter’s physical person or properly stored at a secure location.
Guardian Pet Care & Massage subscribes to insurance coverage through PSA for
lost key lock rekeying or replacements.
- Pet Owner must have legal rights to place the animals in the care of pet sitters, kennels, and
veterinary clinics. The pet sitter cannot service a home with
“Visiting” pets or animals that do not belong to the resident of the service
site without separate sets of agreement forms, including a Legal
Considerations Agreement, accepted and signed by each rightful Owner(s).
- The terms of this document apply to all of the pets owned by the Client, including any and all new pets
that the Customer obtains on or after the date this document was signed, at
any and all locations the Owner designates for service.
- Pet Owner is responsible for pet-proofing the house and yard, and the security of fences/gates/latches.
Guardian Pet Care & Massage will not be responsible for the safety of any
pets and will not be liable for the injury, disappearance, death, or fines
of any pets with unsupervised access to the outdoors.
- Guardian Pet Care & Massage is authorized to seek any emergency veterinarian assistance needed during
visits, at the cost to the Client, from any veterinarian as chosen by the
sitter. The company is not responsible for the health/well
being of the animal(s) when in the care of any veterinarian or clinic.
- Pet Owner is responsible for supplying the necessary, safe equipment and supplies needed for
the care of
their pet(s), including but not limited to a sturdy, well-fit collar
( halter, harness, etc. ) for walks or in case of emergencies, firmly affixed
vaccination tags, a lead rope or leash, pooper-scoopers, litter boxes and
litter, cleaning supplies, medicines and pet food. Pet Owner
authorizes any purchases necessary for the satisfactory performance of
duties. Pet Owner agrees to be responsible for the payment of such
items, as well as service fees for obtaining items, and will reimburse
Guardian Pet Care & Massage within 14 days for all purchases made.
- Pet Owner will be responsible for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to a pet
sitter, or other persons, by the pet(s). Customer agrees to indemnify,
hold harmless, and defend Guardian Pet Care & Massage, in the event of a
claim by any person injured by the pet(s).
- It is suggested that arrangements be made with someone to evacuate your pets in case of a
disaster or weather related event/crisis/emergency. Guardian Pet Care
& Massage will definitely try to see to your pets safety and care should
such events occur, but cannot guarantee it.
- Guardian Pet Care & Massage reserves the right to terminate this contract at any time if the pet sitter,
in his/her sole discretion determines that an Owner’s pet poses a danger to
the health or safety of itself, other pets, other people, or the pet sitter.
If concerns prohibit the pet sitter from caring for the pet, the Owner
authorizes the pet to be placed in a kennel ( or previously arranged locale ),
with all charges ( including but not limited to transportation, kenneling,
tranquilizing, treating, assessing, and liability ) to be the responsibility
of the Owner.
- Guardian Pet Care & Massage agrees to provide services stated in this agreement in a reliable, caring
and trustworthy manner. In consideration of the services as an express
condition thereof, the Client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all
claims against the company and its employees, except those arising from
negligence. Claims of negligence that involve a hired Independent
Contractor, hired by Guardian Pet Care & Massage, will be the responsibility
of the Independent Contractor and the company they represent. All
hired Independent Contractors are required to carry liability insurance with
optional property coverage and bonding through a reputable company.
- Client agrees to notify Guardian Pet Care & Massage of any concerns within 24 hours of
- This agreement is valid from the date signed, and replaces any prior Legal Considerations Agreements.
Client agrees to any future Guardian Pet Care & Massage term changes relayed
verbally to the Client, mailed or emailed in writing to the Client, or
posted on our web site on the “Legal Terms” page.
- Future Services: I authorize this contract to be valid approval for services so as to permit Guardian Pet
Care & Massage to accept all future telephone, online, mail or email
reservations for service and to enter my home to provide those services without additional signed contracts or
- The Owner states that he/she has read this agreement in its entirety and
fully understands and accepts its terms and conditions.